Monday, January 5, 2009

What to do...what to do...

(Sigh)....I just don't know what to do...I keep playing the possibilities over and over in my head, and I have no idea what we're supposed to do... I don't even know where to start because I don't want to post anyone else's business but you must know just a tiny bit of background to understand my dilemma. My sister and her husband are getting a divorce. (BTW...I am very proud of her for giving it all she had and knowing when to say enough is enough! If you're reading this, I love you!) We rent my sister's house, and although it's in her name, and she said we're fine, I still feel like we need to try to vacate so that she'll have a place to live. She's staying with my mom and dad right now, and we're living in the house that's in her name. It just doesn't seem right to me. I feel like we should be the ones put out, not her. Our plan is/was to be financially ready to build a house when Ava is either in kindergarten or 1st grade, which is 5 or 6 years down the road. I REALLY don't feel like I could put her out for 5 or 6 more years so we're at a loss for what to do for those 5 or 6 years. My parents said we could put a trailer on their land (which is totally not uncommon for our part of the world and in fact is what my sister and her husband did when they first got married and is the house that we're living in right now). However I don't want to sink a lot of money into a brand new trailer that I know will have next to no resale value plus tear up their land in the process. My friend said that her sister is wanting to sell her single-wide trailer (that is stationed on their parents' land...see...not uncommon at all!), but could we all squeeze into a single-wide for that long, plus it would cost to have it moved out here and still would tear up my parents' land? It would drop our monthly payment significantly, though, and would put us closer to our house-building dream maybe sooner than 5 years! If we didn't got the trailer route, we might could buy a small house and squeeze in. Or should we find another place to rent. Although I should mention that rental property around here is crazy priced and we couldn't afford it! Ugh! What should we do??? I wish we knew someone that just had a house that they didn't need and wanted good people living in it but not permanently. I don't know...We'll keep praying...

No comments: