Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

We survived our first Thanksgiving with 3 kiddos. The day started with me attempting to make cinnamon toast, something that we do fairly often. I buttered the bread, sprinkled some sugar, and began to sprinkle what I assumed was cinnamon, only to discover that it was chili powder. Then we watched part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and made a mad dash around the house trying to get everybody bathed and dressed and off to my sister's house. We had a lovely lunch. Then Layton and Ainslee went to play, and my sister and mom took turns holding Ava while Trey and I played cards with my brother-in-law, cousin, and aunt. It was very nice to have some adult conversation over what to buy the kids for Christmas! At about 3:00 when we had put off naps as long as possible, we headed home. All 3 kids fell asleep on the way home so we put the kids in their beds and took power naps as well! Couldn't ask for anything better!

No comments: